Happy Anniversary to my love. God connected us 12 years ago when we had unknowingly been playing just across the street from each other nearly all of our lives. He must have been waiting until I blossomed into the mature, intelligent, witty man I was at the ripe old age of 17 before making the official introduction so we could run away together into the sunset. I guess it was sort of like that after all though wasn't it. We met, and then like the Thompson Square song, you said "Are you going to kiss me or not?" and planted a good one on me.
Our wedding day was simply one of the best days of our lives but as Father Brian told us, today you marry the one you love but tomorrow and forever, you must love the one you married. I can't thank you enough for taking this ride with me, sharing love, laughter, and tears. 5 years ago today we stood overlooking the valley from the chapel at Our Lady of Peace and exchanged these vows, "I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love and honor you all the days of my life." We've remained true to these vows, we've loved each other in sickness and sadness and equally in joy and happiness and I look forward to spending all days of my life loving and honoring you, my wifey. We have much to celebrate! I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment